They Want To Be Connected Up As Much As We Do

An Excerpt from a book in progress entitled,


They Want To Be Connected Up As Much As We Do

“Father, tell mother she has her son with her all day on Christmas Day. There will be thousands of us back in the homes on that day, but the horrid part is that so many of the fellows don’t get welcomed. Please keep a place for me. I must go now. Bless you again, father—Raymond. “ Raymond Lodge “Raymond Or Life And Death”

I believe that our loved ones on the other side desire to be connected up with us every bit as much as we long to be connected up with them. I began to believe this to be true after numerous spirits began coming through to me during sessions with Glenn Dove, spirits who I had never met in life but I knew of. As mentioned earlier, starting in 1999 I began scheduling private sessions with Glenn Dove approximately twice a year and then in around 2005 Glenn and I began to work on a book together. As a result, I had the opportunity to sit with Glenn numerous times throughout the eight years.

I have never had a session with Glenn in which my father has not been present. Harry Edwards comes to most of my sessions and there are different relatives and friends who have made their presence known. However, what struck me as amazing every time that it happened, was the appearance of people coming through to me who I had never met, yet knew of, or I knew someone significant in each of their families that I could easily have delivered a message to. It began to dawn on me that maybe that was exactly what these spirits wanted me to do. Following are a few true stories from my excursions to Glenn’s. What do you make of them?

The first person, to show up at one of my sessions, was Jeff Hutchinson. Jeff’s wife Joyce and I had been close friends in high school. Because I had moved away from my home town shortly after high school, Joyce and I had not seen each other in years, however, since my mother still lived in the area, I had learned that Joyce was happily married with two little girls. It was only a few years later, however, that I heard about Joyce, again and this time the news was very sad. What I heard was that Jeff had died in Joyce’s arms from a sudden fatal heart attack. I made a trip out to New Jersey to visit with Joyce but I hesitated from speaking to her about my spiritual beliefs. It seemed to me that doing so would have upset her.

I don’t remember whether this was a month or 6 months later, but sometime after that, in the middle of a session, Glenn mentioned that there was a man present whose name was Jeff. He said I didn’t know him but that I was an old friend of his wife’s. He didn’t have a particular message. He wanted to give greetings and say that he was fine. I couldn’t think of anyone else that this could be except for Joyce’s husband Jeff Hutchenson.

While driving home from the session, I wondered if I should say something to Joyce. I felt that Jeff wanted me to or he would not have come through to me in the first place.  I was impressed with the fact that he must have known that I was having these sessions with Glenn and that he made a point of coming through in order to make contact with me. “Surely he must want me to say something”, I thought, but I was reluctant. Would I be treading on Joyce’s privacy? Would I upset her more than help her? The last thing I wanted to do was upset her and I know some people just think I’m nutty!

I was uncertain of what I would do and then I mentioned this to one of my close friends who shares my interest in spiritualism. What she said sounded a little far-fetched to me but it let me off the hook for the time being. “If Jeff really wants you to talk to Joyce”, she said, “He will do something to make that come about”.

Two weeks later I took my boys to see a Broadway musical during a school break and believe it or not, I ran into Joyce and her girls during the intermissions! Now, what are the chances of that? I was astounded and now I felt compelled to tell Joyce about Jeff coming through in my session with Glenn. I felt that no matter how Joyce reacted to the information, if Jeff wanted me to communicate with his wife that badly, I could not let him down.  And so I told her. We agreed to talk over the phone the next day however, I didn’t feel that it brought her any peace or comfort, as it would have for me. Still, I had to try respond to Jeff’s wishes. “At least”, I thought, “I didn’t let Jeff down.”

A few years later I learned of the passing of another man who I had never met, but again knew of. Mitchell Mason’s parents had been good friends with my parents. They met through their memberships in NFIC, The National Foundation for Ileitis and Colitis. I had often heard about Mitchell because we were both stricken with Crohn’s Disease as young people and our parents became friends through their mutual concerns. Over the years I would hear about Mitchell, as I imagine he heard about me. Somehow we both managed to get our Crohn’s Diseases under control and grew into adulthood. Over the years I learned that Mitchell had married, had a couple of children, and was very happy. Again, we never met, but I felt a certain kinship with Mitchell because we shared the same disease!

Approximately another decade flew by before I heard the sad news that Mitchell was battling Cancer. I was now already very involved in practicing distant healing for others and so when I learned of Mitchell’s plight, I immediately added him to my prayer list and hoped that once again Mitchell would rally. And he did. After some traditional medical treatment Mitchell’s Cancer went into remission and everyone prayed that it would last for a lifetime. Unfortunately, as is too often the case, a few years later the Cancer returned and this time with a vengeance!

I was told that Mitchell opted for very rigorous treatment in the hope of eradicating the Cancer once and for all. He checked into the hospital where he underwent stem cell replacement therapy, a treatment known to be successful in some cases, devastatingly difficult to get through in all cases. Still, in keeping with what I had always heard about Mitchell, he was kind and caring, worrying more about others than himself. I kept close tabs on Mitchell through my mother, and all throughout, I kept him in my healing circle. I was sorry to learn that despite a very courageous fight, Mitchell lost the battle.

A month or so after his passing, Mitchell showed up at a Glenn Session! He identified himself by his initials, MM. As I knew two people on the other side with those initials, one the son of my close friends, the other the son of my parent’s close friends, I mentioned that I wasn’t sure which MM it was. Mitchell responded by saying that he was the son of my parent’s close friends. I knew then it was Mitchell. He went on to thank me for praying for him and said that he would have thanked me when he was on earth but that no one had told him that I was praying on his behalf. That made sense, because I think his family thought I was nutty! He went on to tell me that I should not feel badly that he passed. (I felt very badly that the healing prayers had not helped him to return to a state of heath). He said that he was fine, that it was his time to go and that my spirit people helped him very much when he crossed over. He went on to say that when I do the healing work something good does take place, whether I see evidence of it here on earth or not.

I felt much better after hearing from Mitchell. I found his mother’s phone number and gave her a call. Months later she ran into my mother and told her this: “Your daughter called me. I think she was trying to give me a message from Mitchell. I don’t really know what she said. I was too distraught to hear.  I don’t really believe in those things anyway.”  “Well Mitchell”, I thought, “We tried”.

The next story is a wild one. As mentioned earlier, Glenn and I were working together on a book, an idea suggested by my father during a private session. We were knee deep into a chapter on suicide when Glenn said there was a young man present who had taken his life in an upsetting manner. Glenn said that he saw a train and that he knew that the boy had placed himself in harm’s way with this train. The boy explained to Glenn that I did not know him, but that I had heard about his death. Immediately Allen Garr came to mind, a boy from the small town of Hastings-on-Hudson where I had lived for 10 years. At the time, his death was so horrific that the entire town was talking about it. Allen had put his head down on the railroad tracks and waited for the train to end his life….and it did. No one was unaffected by this death. It spoke too clearly of the unchartered pain that plagues our youth. I could hardly believe that despite the fact that I had never met him, he was here, showing up to give his greetings and to let us know he is okay. As usual I felt the same dilemma of wanting to help out Allen by contacting his parents, and yet, at the same time, not wanting to intrude. And I had never even met either of his parents. I decided to do nothing for the time being.

Approximately two weeks later while in the local bakery, a woman and I struck up a conversation. She was telling me about a bomb scare in the local high school and how the kids did a good job of responding to the situation. We talked for about five minutes and then she put out her arm to shake my hand and said, “By the way, my name is Shelly Garr”. I knew that was Allen’s mother’s name. I was floored! How could this be? Did Allen have something to do with this? How does this work? I immediately felt the old dilemma and found my courage waning as she took her package and left the store. “I’m sorry Allen”, I thought. “I’m sorry”. I was kicking myself for being such a chicken and letting this opportunity pass. I felt truly sorry. I left the store with my tail between my legs when I spotted Shelly, sitting in her car in the parking lot with the window down, and she was waving to me. “Oh, thank God”, I thought. “I didn’t blow it”. She had waited to show me an article in the local paper that described the event we had been discussing. And then the moment of reckoning…I opened my mouth and I said, “Shelly,  I feel that I have to tell you this. I have a friend who is a medium and we are working on a book and I believe that your son came through to me and sent you a greeting”. I explained that this young man had come through and described the circumstances surrounding his death as well as the fact that although I did not know him that I knew of him and of his death. I told her that I felt uncomfortable to call her on the phone and intrude on her life in that way, but because we had met, I simply could not ignore the opportunity tell her about this young man who was now a spirit. She thanked me and took my number as well as Glenn’s. A week later Shelly called to let me know that she had made an appointment with Glenn. I requested that she call again after the session to let me know how it went, however, I did not hear from Shelly again. I hope that she benefitted from her session. I can’t imagine how she wouldn’t. However, I felt contented that I had done my part to deliver the message for Allen.

It began to dawn on me that it was only natural for those on the other side to want to stay in touch. They haven’t stopped loving us anymore than we have stopped loving them. They have the same desires to connect up as we do. It is my belief that they are less frantic about their passing than we are because they now know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that they have gone on. They realize that death did not diminish them anymore than it will diminish us, and that ultimately we will be reunited. On this side, however, we are not quite as convinced and so, seeing death as a final act of parting from our loved ones, we are indeed frantic! It is only natural that they would want to reassure us and lift us up by showing us that death is not an end but a continuation and that there is nothing to fear in dying and actually much to look forward to.

However, for the time being, we are here and they are there. What can we do? We can connect up. There are so many ways. I will continue to post ways that I work to connect up with Dan. Truth be told, I just let myself listen inside my own mind and some of the thoughts that get through are more Dan than me.

I ask any of you who have something along these lines to share, to please do so. Let’s help each other here by sharing about our feelings, dreams, intuitions, thoughts, signs, of any kind and sittings with mediums. These are the tools for sensing and feeling spirit. If we want connection we must seek them where they dwell, and that’s not in the streets or at the mall, but inside…inside, inside through your own spiritual channels. It’s as if the channel is always on, we just have to learn how to tune it in!  Here’s to some fine tuning!

About sheriperl

I am a spiritual healer, a writer, a teacher, a potter and a wife and mother. My work has always been in spiritual healing but since 2008 I have focused more on bereavement as I lost my 22 year old son Daniel to an overdose on July 1, 2008.
This entry was posted in The Prayer Registry Network and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to They Want To Be Connected Up As Much As We Do

  1. maty says:

    Thanks sheri for this share , i must admit that i get enormous strengh when i read of your experiences . I had a dream about a month ago with my Chris , it was a vivid dream , i gave him a hug , and i remember the amount of times i use to say to him that he was solid , when he was here with me . I felt him the same , and he was telling me that he was ok , and that he was teaching young kids on the other side , he said i have to go now mum with a beautiful smile . When i woke up i had loads of peace and verry emotional . I know our kids are with us . Thanks . Maty xx

  2. sheriperl says:

    I’m so glad to hear that Maty. Personally, if I didn’t feel that I was still connected to Danny, it would be infinitely harder for me to cope with his passing. Take Care and STAY CONNECTED!!!

  3. CARLA MORGAN says:

    I wanted to share my experience from last week. It was my Birthday and of course when a family member ask me what I wanted for my Birthday I always say what I really want no one can give me. And I am sure you all know what I mean. I wore my Tear Drop Pendant with a small amount of my Son’s cremated ashes that day. I just felt like being as close to him as possible. I kept asking for a sign but the day ended and did not get one that I noticed anyway. However the next morning as I was driving into work about 5:00am still dark here, I happen to catch a glimps of a shooting star or tail end of a small meteor evaporating in the sky. Now I really don’t know the average number of these that can be seen towards the West, but I think that being able to be present to see it right at that moment was my sign. Then about a week later while working nights, I stepped outside for a break. It was pretty cold but that is when I usually set my time to speak to Charles. I thanked him for the wonderful sign and told him to please keep sending signs any time he wanted. And in fact it happened again. I stepped outside and looked up at the sky and there was another small meteor evaporating in the sky. I just let out a sigh “Oh my God!”
    Now I realize that maybe during this time of the year it is not unusual for Louisiana to have a visible meteor shower or two but I think me being able to be at the right place and time was not a coincidence. But Sheri I just want you to know that if for some reason you ever get some kind of message from my Son you don’t ever have to worry about feeling awkward about letting me know. Ha. Take care.
    Carla… Charles’ Mom

  4. sheriperl says:

    And you know I will Carla! I am so glad to read about this experience. I think your interpretation is right-0n. As you said, it may not be unusual for Louisiana to have a visible meteor shower or two this time of year, but the fact that you managed to be present to observe them twice…that’s where the kids come in. I think that they influence us to look up at just the right time or to turn on the radio just in time to hear a particular song. And like you said, it makes you just step back and say, “Oh My God!”

    now that’s STAYING CONNECTED!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s